I feel like this photo deserves to be on this blog because on this day I’d just gotten hair cut to it’s shortest even and I felt impossibly fucking gorgeous!!! I love taking shots from “unflattering” angles since my body is stunning from any angle!
I mean, seriously, I AM A FUCKING GODDESS!!!
my new hero, everyone
How dog breeders have “improved” breeds over the past 100 years.
- The basset hound never used to sit so low. The dog has suffered changes to his rear leg structure, has excessive skin, vertebrae problems, droopy eyes that are prone to ectropion and entropion, and excessively large ears.
- The bull terrier used to be an athletic dog, but over the years his snout was mutated to be oversized and bending downwards, leading to respiratory issues. Many bull terriers have supernumerary teeth and are compulsive tail chasers and air biters owing to brain deformities.
- The boxer now has a much shorter face with an extremely short snout. The hindquarters are also lower. Like all brachycephalic dogs, the boxer has difficulty controlling his temperature in hot weather, meaning they are prone to overheating and collapsing in the summer. The boxer also has one of the highest cancer rates among dog breeds and many modern day boxers suffer from seizures.
- The english bulldog has evolved into a creature that suffers from almost every known disease. A kennel club survey conducted in 2004 found that they die on average at only 6 years and 4 months old. They cannot mate without human intervention, and cannot give birth naturally due to their giant heads. There is no such thing as a truly healthy bulldog.
- The dachshund, at one time, used to have functional legs and necks for their size. Their backs and legs have gotten longer, chest jutted forward, and legs have shrunk to such proportions that there is barely any clearance between their chest and the floor. Obese dachshunds usually have to actually drag their bellies across the ground. Their risk for intervertebral disc disease - which can result in paralysis - is extremely high. They are also prone to achrondoplastic related pathologies, progressive retinal apathy, and problems with their legs and joints.
- Pugs are the most inbred breed of dog in existence - an investigation carried out found that amongst the 10,000 pugs found in the UK are so inbred, the gene pool consists of the equivalent of only 50 individuals. They are extremely brachycephalic, and suffer severely from all the associated problems - the folds in their face frequently get infected, they struggle to breathe (making snoring/snorting/huffing noises even without moving), they have high blood pressure, low oxygenation, often collapse and die in the summer or if allowed to overheat, dentition problems due to their skulls being so curled in, and perhaps most shocking - their double curled tail is actually a genetic defect, and in its most serious forms leads to paralysis and many dogs needed a wheelchair or being euthanised if this progresses. These dogs are usually culled if they fail to produce this ‘attractive’ trait.
Healthy puppies that do not succumb to these ridiculous modern day breed standards are usually culled. One very heartbreaking example is the rhodesian ridgeback. The ridge is actually a genetic deformity - a mild form of spinal bifida - and puppies born without this ridge are healthy - but since the ridge is their namesake, healthy puppies are normally culled at birth and only those with noticeable ridges are bred from, thus passing the disability down to future dogs. Below is a ridgeback alongside a healthy, ridgeless dog.
3 to 4 million dogs and cats are killed every year because shelters are too full…. people are choosing to buy from breeders or shops instead of offering them a home.
Homeless animals outnumber homeless people by 5:1.
Only 1 in 10 dogs will ever find a permanent home.
25 PER CENT OF DOGS THAT ENTER SHELTERS ARE PUREBREEDS.
Please consider adopting a homeless dog. Please don’t encourage breeding these animals when there are so many being killed every year. Breeding is a profit, not “just” a hobby, and even if you think your breeder is reputable, they are still churning out puppies into a world where pets are seen as disposable.
This post is EXTREMELY important and I want all of you to read it.
NEVER buy a dog. Adoption should be your only option.
It’s the moment we’ve all been waiting for… Ko Ko melted the tape in the studio getting ferocious on this new song we’re calling “Gramercy Riff.”
Warriors… Come out to play…
Friday, December 20
Double Door / Chicago w/ Deal’s Gone Bad
Thursday, December 26
St. Andrew’s Hall / Detroit / sweet bands galore
I will never not entreat everyone I know to listen to the Hard Lessons. If I didn’t have laryngitis right now, I’d be humming the hell out of this tune all day.
You have chopped off your terrible extensions. You have placed the media under some strange hysterical spell. I respect that. But please, may we see something less tired?
The French-cut leotard. The awful twerking. The desperate attempt to be rebellious and edgy by flashing a little side vag and smoking a joint onstage. All that I could forgive… But Miley?
"The growth of the Internet will slow drastically [as it] becomes apparent [that] most people have nothing to say to each other. … By 2005 or so, it will become clear that the Internet’s impact on the economy has been no greater than the fax machine’s…. Ten years from now the phrase information economy will sound silly."
LOL @ Paul Krugman
Do any of you realize how long it took me to find one goddamn Working Girl gif? And it’s not even the “$6,000?! IT’S NOT EVEN LEATHA!” scene. How is that… Why… What the fuck, tumblr? You have all failed me.
Also, the Working Girl tag is basically nothing but twenty-year-olds whining about their jobs and escorts. It’s the Selena tag all over again. This is too awesome a movie to be ignored, even if it is 25 years old. It’s a classic, damn it.
Whatever. Cyn, I am going to be you for Halloween and it will be awesome.
imma queen gimme dat
Those emeralds look like delicious hard candies. I want to put them in my mouth, which is weird because I don’t even like hard candies.
But I like those. C’mere, emeralds. Get in my mouth. >:O